Thursday, March 21, 2013

Beauty on a Budget



Like any woman, I want my make-up and hair to look presentable.  What I don't want to do is spend a fortune doing it.  In fact, I want to do it for as little as I can, while still using a quality product.  Using coupons and sales, I've tried a bunch of the different drugstore brands, and some have stood out to me as better than others. Below are some of my favorite finds.  (I'm not getting paid to promote any of these brands; I'm just a happy customer.)

e.l.f. cosmetics

I LOVE their mineral eyeshadow!  Great color, it lasts, and only $3.  Works great with the eye primer (only $1!)  Shimmer eye pencil - a buck.  Need some brushes?  The essentials collection has a bunch for, you guessed it, one dollar!  My must have product is e.l.f tone correcting powder.  I deal with a lot of redness on my pale skin, and this $3 powder is amazing!  If you haven't heard of e.l.f. (eyes lips face) you can find it at eyeslipsface.com and at Target.

Rimmel mascara and NYC nail polish

If you need some basic black mascara, look no further than extra super lash Rimmel mascara.  Typically priced around $2.50, and there are commonly dollar off coupons for any Rimmel product in your Sunday coupon inserts.  Every once in a while I get really lucky, and there is also a Target store coupon for Rimmel, and I can stack them to get mascara for about fifty cents.

New York Color nail polish is rich in color, but you don't have to be rich to buy it.  Around $2 for the In a New York Color Minute quick dry polish, and if you have a coupon for it, around a dollar.

Suave Professionals Dry Shampoo

My last beauty pick today is great for new moms and busy women.  When I don't have time to wash my hair, but I don't want to throw on a hat, I spray some of this magic on my hair.  It absorbs the oil, freshening my hair's look in just a few seconds.  Time is money in this case, and a few seconds versus 10 minutes to wash and dry my hair is a great value.  And the price isn't even that bad itself, around $3.50.  As always, keep an eye out for coupons, and you can score an even better deal.

Stay beautiful, ladies!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Mel I can't wait to try some of these products. Thanks so much for taking the time to write this and thinking of others. By the way I love the about me section below. You are truly a warrior. Love ya. Lynn

    ReplyDelete